Fire has burnt down Dowa District Hospital kitchen destroying property worth over K14 million.
In an interview, the hospital spokesperson Davie Nuka said the fire, which started in the early hours of Wednesday, is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
He said operations at the hospital have greatly been compromised especially in preparation of food.
“Currently, we are relying on firewood to prepare food for at least 300 patients and guardians every day. This is a big challenge to us,” said Nuka.
The hospital publicist appealed to government and other non-governmental organisations to assist the hospital so that the situation normalises.